1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate. I love love love Hot Chocolate! I enjoy only a sip or two of egg nog before it makes me feel sick but I do enjoy the smell.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa always wraps presents. I can remember one time when my sister and I got a wagon from Santa and it wasn't wrapped.
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white lights?White lights always!
I love white lights but I have been known to put the colored bubble lights on the tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Well not this year but I have before
5. When do you put your decorations up?
I put them up the day after Thanksgiving this year. I was ready to put them up about 2 weeks before that but I resisted.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
I love sweet potato casserole with burnt marshmallows on top.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I remember waking up on Christmas and running to get everyone else up and then running down stairs and waking our parents up and then my dad making us wait to open presents. He would fix us breakfast and I remember it was torture because we were ready to see what Santa brought.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I remember it like yesterday. I was 4 or 5 and I was asleep when suddenly I was awoken to what I thought was Santa. I open the bedroom door and what I saw would change my life forever. My parents were standing outside the door with the attic latter down (to access the attic you had to go through a latter in the hallway, now days it's in the garage) and toys r us bags were everywhere. My dad was just as shocked as I was and when I realized what had happened I yelled "I have to go to the bathroom." My dad brought me to the bathroom and I remember sitting on the potty and crying.
With this said I don't know if we will tell Lucy about Santa, if she wants to believe that will be okay but we won't encourage it.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No presents are meant for Christmas.
10. How do you decorate your tree?
Our tree right now is decorated with a peacock theme. Blue/Green and feathers!
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
I love the snow. I love when there is enough to sled!
12. Can you ice skate?
Maybe, we use to go ice skating when I was little but I haven't in about 15 years.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I remember when I received my first Radko Ornament. It has been a tradition ever since to get an ornament that represents what happened that year.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Being with family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
I love all dessert.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Being with family. Oh for the past couple of years we have gone over to my sisters house to watch Taylor open up his Christmas presents. I love watching kids when they are excited. They express true emotion!
17. What tops your Christmas tree?
Peacock feathers and some ribbon.
18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving?
I love giving!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Do you hear what I hear?
20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck?
Too Sticky, I say yuck.
21. What do you want for Christmas?
I don't really want anything. I don't really need anything.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
no but I wish I did.
23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJ's?
Pj's and then we get dressed up.
24. Do you own a Santa hat?
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
Well, this year we are going to spend Christmas at home because I want Lucy to have her first Christmas here. We will do Christmas with my parents I think that afternoon and then we will go to Arkadelphia to be with Jonathan's family. After a few days in Arkadelphia we will spend a few days in Alabama/Tennessee with my Grandparents. We will be very busy.