Lucy Abigail is officially a toddler. It makes me sad to think that my baby is no longer an infant but I love to see the little person that she is becoming. Last Thursday was her first birthday and we celebrated with a little party at home. Lucy's favorite part of her party: the Happy Birthday song and the cake. We sang Happy Birthday 20,000 times and every time we sang it Lucy would "shake it." Here are a few pictures from our family party.
Lucy before.The Cake.
Trying it out, notice the piece of cake.
Jonathan and I got Lucy a Go-go for her birthday and she absolutely loves it.
At a year old you are:
- getting into everything
- waving and yelling bye bye
- talking up a storm, you have a lot of words that you say: mama, dada, papaw, manna, yes, no, dog, autumn, and many more.
- dancing when we say shake it.
- drinking milk from a sippy cup
- nursing once a day (I'm trying to wean you but I can't kick the habit.)
- almost walking but your not brave enough to let go
- opening drawers and cabinets
- eating all kinds of foods-favorites include pasta, hotdogs, chicken and fruit. you actually eat everything that we put in front of you. You have always been the best eater.
- wearing 18-24 month clothes- outgrowing 12-18 sizes.
- wearing size 4 diapers
- giving kisses.
- being the sweetest little girl in the world
Your daddy and I love you more every day! You are our world!