I'm getting curious. I still don't want to know but I'm curious and I can't wait until this little one arrives so we can have the ultimate gender reveal party!
I thought I would do some old wives tales to guess the baby's gender. I am also going to put up a poll on my sidebar.
Old Wives Tales
1. How are you carrying the baby? High or Low?
This baby is a lot lower than Lucy was. Lucy lived in my ribs but it's not too low. I would say Low. So Boy.
2. What do you crave? Salty or Sweet?
I crave salty over sweet.
3. Is your husband gaining weight? (If he gains weight it is a girl if not a boy)
No weight gain for Jonathan but he didn't gain with Lucy either.
4. Heart rate? High or Low?
This baby's heart rate has been anywhere from 160 to 145. Since it's been high I'm going to side with a girl.
If you have heartburn it's a boy with a head full of hair. I never had heartburn with Lucy. I occasionally get it with this pregnancy.
6. Ring Test. (Using a string, hang your wedding ring over your pregnant belly. You are having a girl if the ring swings back and forth and it’s a boy if it swings in a circle.)
7. Face Growth? (When your face gets fuller and rounder when pregnant, it means you’re going to have a girl. If your face is long and narrow, it’s a boy)
With Lucy my face got round and chubby. It could be the 55 pounds I put on with her or it could be because she was a girl. I haven't had much face growth.
8. Mayan Test. (The Mayan tale adds the mothers age at conception and the year of conception. If the result is a even number then mom is having a girl. If the result is an odd number then a boy is on the way! According to this, we are having a girl.)
I was 27 at age of conception and the year was 2011. Added together that is 2038 which is even.
9. Acne? (If you have acne it is a girl if not it is a boy.)
My face looks like a 15 year old boy! I've never had acne not even as a teenager so this is very different for me. I didn't get acne with Lucy either. But by old wives tales rules looks like a girl.
10. Chinese Gender Test.
This doesn't work for us because conception was at the end of the month and beginning of the next. (Too much information? Sorry) If we conceived in August it's a boy if in September it's a girl.
11. Mom’s Beauty
(Basically you are having a girl if your beauty disappears during pregnancy. It is said that the girl “steals” the mother’s beauty. If you think that pregnancy has never made you look more beautiful, you might just be having a little boy.)
I felt like the ugliest person with Lucy. (Again it could have been all the weight I put on) This time around I've never felt prettier.
12. Breast Test? (If a pregnant woman’s left breast is larger than the right breast, she’s having a girl. If the right breast is larger, it’s a boy. )
My right breast is larger than the left, but I've always been a little lopsided.
13. Morning Sickness? (If you had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness, it’s a boy. If you were sick or felt really nauseous during your pregnancy, count on a girl.)
I was very sick for the first 17 weeks. I was very nauseous.
But was never sick with Lucy.
14. Protein? If you crave meat than it's a boy.
I don't want to touch meat. I'm getting better but it's not my favorite right now.
15. Hands are Dry
(If your hands are constantly dry, it’s a boy.)
My hands are dry.
16. Hair on Legs
(If the hair on your legs has been growing at record speeds, you might be having a boy.)
It is growing slower.
With that Said....
this pregnancy has been totally different than my first one aka Lucy.
Comaparison of 1st and 2nd pregnancy
1. With Lucy I was so tired. She literally sucked the life out of me. This pregnancy I've had tons of energy.
2. With Lucy I never once got sick. This pregnancy I was nauseous for the first 17 weeks.
3. With Lucy I ate everything! Everything sounded delicious. This time I have been very picky. I had a lot of aversions at first it's gotten better I just don't want to eat big hunks of meat!
4. With Lucy I didn't get acne. This baby has turned me into a pizza face.
5. With Lucy I knew she was a girl. This baby I have no idea!
6. With Lucy I never nested. This baby I can't stand a mess I've been nesting since I found out I was pregnant!
So with that said...