1. "Lucy, school starts in 4 weeks, go grab a book and lets make sure you can still read..." Good news. She can!
2. "When is the last time you brushed your teeth?" One of the hardest things since having two kids is making sure they brush their teeth twice a day. I confessed this to our dentist and she said just to make sure you do it at night. I'd say 85% of the time we remember in the morning. I'm better during the school year when our routine is in order.
3. "Get out of my face and stop touching me!" Funny how much I missed my kids while we were doing treatment and now we need school to start again... (Me to Henry)
4. "If you touch me again I'm going to spank you." For real, stop touching me.
5. Lucy is in a new believer class at church and she has daily homework... I'd like for y'all to think we are really good Christians and have exceeded our homework and read the bible and wrote a summary but tomorrow we are going to cram 4 of our 5 days into one day. That way it is fresh on the brain for Sunday...
6. As we were driving in the car I heard Lucy yell from the backseat, "Mom, I am so bored! What am I supposed to do back here." My response, "Look out the window." When I was growing up being bored was our number one hobby. We didn't dare tell mom we were bored or she would put us to work on the farm. Why do kids today need to be entertained all the freaking time? Shut-up, and play I spy! ( I didn't say that) Also, I don't entertain my kids with electronics. If we are going on a trip they can watch a movie in the car but I don't let them play with my phone and ipads are non-existant. Jonathan is the keeper of the tablets and sometimes they can play minecraft. Kids, learn to sit still and look out the window.
7. Lucy: Mom can we go to chuck e cheese? x 100
Lucy: Please, we always have to do what you want to do like run errands, shop for groceries...
Me: Shut-up! Except we don't say that word in our house so I told her that we used all of our fun money at Great Wolf Lodge. I'd rather her think we were poor than think I can or would entertain her whenever she wants to be entertained.
God is bigger than this and Jesus can fix-it.