It's my birthday. I'm 32. To celebrate I thought I would share 32 life lessons that I've learned so far. Maybe you have some to add.
1. The days are long but the years are short.
I'm still 16 right?
2. Start moisturizing at an early age.
3. Everything is good in moderation.
4. I'm not big on moderation. If a little is good than a lot has to be better.
This isn't good advice.
5. People will sell you things when you are most vulnerable.
6. Don't shop on an empty stomach.
7. Raising puppies is harder than raising babies.
8. Having a baby earlier in life was the best decision God ever made for me. 24 year old Mary had more energy than 32 year old Mary.
9. Invest in friendships.
10. Wash your face every night. Your skin will thank you.
This is something I really implemented in the past 3 years.
11. Your mama loves you unconditionally and you will turn into her..
12. Don't buy cheap shoes.
Y'all know I'm cheap but I do invest in quality running shoes and Tevas...
13. Don't be like everyone else.
I don't follow trends. I don't wear things that are this season. I'm not cookie cutter.
14. Embrace your curls.
15. Wear Red.
16. Give compliments.
17. Be nice. Most people are A-holes. Don't be an A-hole. Like Tim McGraw says, "Be humble and kind."
18. Don't honk your horn in the bad part of town.
Jonathan would tell you not to blow your horn at all but I don't always listen to him..
19. Don't procrastinate.
I'm still working on this. It usually doesn't take long to do a dreaded task. Just do it.
20. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
21. Exercise. Eat well. Drink Water and Sleep.
Essentials to life.
22. Give up bread by twenty and limit carbs.
23. Eat light mayo.
I learned this from the show Friends. It taste the same and your pants will fit better.
24. Tell those you love that you love them.
I try to do this every conversation.
25. Hug your kids.
I may make bad parenting choices but my kids will know they are loved with all the hugs, kisses and I love yous.
26. Marriage is hard. If you are having problems before marriage, those problems will be magnified by 10 once you are hitched.
For us, Marriage is easy. Life is hard. So marry someone you can do hard things with...
27. Marry someone who makes you laugh. (it's a plus if they are good looking)
28. Don't do home projects with your significant other... This may only apply to Jonathan and I...
29. You don't always get what you want...
30. It takes 21 days to build a new habit. You can start on a day other than Monday. Start today!
31. Communication is key.
32. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No one can go to the father except through Him.
Know Jesus. Not only will it make your afterlife better it will make your daily life better. You can do anything or get through any situation with Jesus by your side. Trust me, I know. I've done life without Jesus and I've done life with Jesus. It's a lot easier with Jesus at your side. (If you don't know Jesus, I'd love to talk to you about him. That could be your birthday gift to me, letting me share JC with you.)
What life lessons would you add?!
(I really want to know... )