Monday, April 24, 2017

2 years later...

Two years ago I woke to the horrific sight of blood, seizing, and screaming. The screaming was coming from me.... I frantically called 911 and I instantly started praying.

I remember hearing, Mary, YOU HAVE TO PUT IT TO I prayed.

After the EMT's loaded Jonathan in the ambulance, I was greeted by a scared little girl who was reacting how I felt- scared, crying, unsure. "Mom, What do we do? What's happening? Where'd he go? Is he okay?" Again I heard- Mary, YOU HAVE TO PUT IT TO USE - "Lucy, What do we do when we are scared?" She dropped to her knees and started to pray.

It is easy for me to talk about a God who loves me, Jesus who died for me, Hallelujah, and Angels sing in a place that HE has prepared for me. But until I had to put my faith into ACTION I didn't get the full extent of HIS LOVE. Prayer, Jesus, God, Hymns, songs, scripture, heaven and godly friends have been my lifeline the past two years.

I hit my knees every morning. Some days are easier than others. Some days (more often lately) Jesus has to drag me out of bed and carry me through the day.

To sum up the past two years-
I'm the weakest person I know- Jesus is strong.
He gives me just enough strength for that day.
My faith is strong because it's all I have.
My hope in Jesus brings me so much joy.
I do it because I have no other choice. 

Looking back through the past two years I can see God in every detail. Carrying, holding, moving mountains, and being the light that guides me through the darkness.

He has met me in the darkest of places. (Jesus met me in the dark one night and held a flashlight under his chin, like he was telling a scary story, and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." (john 8:12). He added in some ghost noises to make me laugh... He's so funny...)

God is bigger than this and Jesus can fix it.

Our Brain Cancer Story... (with links to past posts)

April 24, I woke to Jonathan having a Grande mal seizure. He was rushed to the hospital where we found out there was a mass on his brain. 

April 25, Jonathan had a left temporal craniotomy and excisional biopsy of the mass. 
We spent 5 nights in hospital and then moved his recovery to the house. 

May 5, we received the pathology report and discovered Jonathan had brain cancer. 

No comments: